When working at a desk you need more directional lighting then a ceiling light can provide, hence a desk lamp is ideal as it provides glare free lighting exactly where you need it. Our range includes cute, colourful but practical desk lamps for children see the Madison range from Oaks available in a range of fabulous colour, also desk lamps with adjustable heads, touch lamps, LED lamps, and of course the traditional Bankers lamp. Bankers lamps are usually associated with a green shade but now with lots more choices available, including Tiffany. The Banker lamp such as the Lawyer from Ideal lux is both stylish and practical, a traditional icon lamp.
Style your office or study with one of our beautiful lamps providing the lighting you need.
Things to consider when choosing a desk light.
- Think about the purpose of the light.
- Do you want a flexible lamp head, dimmer switch etc.
- To work efficiently we would recommend an output of 400-500 lumens.
- Is the lamp bright enough, or too bright?
- Position the lamp to your left if you are right-handed, and to your right if you are left-handed this avoids shades caused by your hand. Make sure the lamp is pointed away from you, avoiding glare.
- If possible, chose an LED desk lamp, providing an economical option and eliminating a heat source.
- Try choosing a lamp to match your décor.